Many homeowners take advantage of kitchen remodeling to increase the value of their home and the pool of buyers.
Kitchen remodels often sell a home faster and at a higher price thanks to kitchen upgrades.
Homeowners who want to sell their home in the short term may first want to upgrade their kitchen. It is typically a 100% return remodel project, helping to increase the pool of interested home buyers and generally better able to compete in a tight housing market. Kitchen remodeling projects don’t have to cost big investment dollars. With smart planning, homeowners can get a return of $ 2-3 for every $ 1 invested. That means that remodeling a kitchen can actually make money. Not all investments in home remodeling have the same high return; however, kitchen remodels are one of the best places to start.
Flipping the TV quickly reveals the many options for today’s hot cooking shows. Homeowners are in love with the idea of being culinary masters like never before. When budgets and location allow for high-end kitchen investments, upgrading to professional-style kitchens can capitalize on culinary craze. Investments in small and medium kitchens are almost certainly paying off. Expensive kitchen remodels can also generate more potential buyers and attractive returns when homes sell, if the right designer and upgrades were made and marketed well.
Homeowners can create a whole new look with an updated kitchen remodel, transforming the room from closed to vibrant, functional and inviting:
* Add a custom island. Granite and quartz countertops are a home chef’s favorite. Create a suitable workspace and surfaces that are attractive, durable and popular.
* Install a backsplash with natural stone.
* Adding fun storage extends your kitchen and makes it that much more useful
* Use a fun new painting technique in your closet. New paint says “fresh and clean” in an instant and is one of the most cost-effective upgrades. Hiring a professional can make a difference by cutting edges and earning a “wear and tear” life. To sell faster, consider a neutral color like a light tan; think of coffee with cream.
* Change your cupboards. Add a glass front to display your favorite dishes. Try attaching a thin veneer to the surface of the cabinet, replacing the doors and adding new hardware for a finished, modern look.
* Install a new kitchen sink with a stylish faucet head. The sleek stainless steel resists scratches and is easy to maintain.
* Kitchen appliances upgraded to later models with energy saving features
* Hardwood or laminate floors
The period of time an owner must plan for the project will be determined by:
1) the scope of the project
2) have the correct materials ordered and on hand on time
3) Availability of your remodelers – It’s good to schedule your project with the flexibility to fit into your contractor’s schedule.
A kitchen remodel should reflect the style of the home. Be sure to hire a professional home designer when trying to go “modern” on a traditional or historic home. Homeowners can successfully increase home value when there is excellent flow, feel comfortable, functional, and maximize available space in a stylish way.
With a home designer, whether you pay them just for their design expertise or to do the entire job, the money will be well spent and homeowners will save money in the end.
Today, the kitchen can be used for many facets of home life. Such as: a family gathering place, a meal planning area, a project computer base, and center stage entertainment while entertaining friends and family.