Saunas have always proven to be very healthy and comfortable for us. They have relieved our stress, minimized our headaches and joints, and have always been enjoyable. Today everyone has started to build their saunas. However, some make major mistakes when installing their heaters. I recommend a wood-burning sauna heater as it gives you more benefits than an electric heater.
Benefits of a wood burning sauna heater:
Everything has its pros and cons and here we will discuss the reason why one should install a wood burning sauna heater with cons in mind. A wood heater is efficient and the advantages outweigh the few disadvantages it has.
All the heaters we install work differently, they all have different costs, some have different smells, some use electricity, or some need a fireplace or vent. Each of them has different attributes. However, a wood-burning sauna heater is considered better than the rest.
– A wood burning sauna heater is known to create an extremely pleasant environment and it is traditional, the aroma produces heartwarming and makes your sauna bath more enjoyable than others.
– It is also the least expensive compared to an electric heater. Although an electric heater is easier to clean, convenient and faster and can easily maintain the temperature according to your needs in just 10 minutes, the utility bills make it annoying for everyone as it consumes too much electricity.
– Also, if you live in a rural area or somewhere where there are electricity problems, investing in an electric heater is a total waste of money. If you install a wood-burning sauna heater, there is no need for an electrician to connect your place to it, which will save you the bills, but then you will have to install a fireplace or vent.
– Naturally, there will also be disadvantages such as, it will take longer to control the temperature and it may take longer to heat a room when it is cold.
– A wood-burning sauna heater will increase its life if it is properly maintained. Never clean it with ammonia or bleach as it will ruin the color of the wood, it is better to clean it with water and a little baking soda. In some areas, there is a hard water problem; water that contains high concentrations of dissolved lime, chalk, calcium, magnesium sulfates, and other minerals.
– It can leave a lime residue that grows over time and ends up clogging the pipes and interfering with the pipes. Use mayonnaise to solve this problem. The mayonnaise does not affect the wood, but when a layer of grease is applied for about 8 hours it will make it less visible or sometimes erase it. Refrain from using vinegar as it can be a remedy, but it is harmful to wood and can ruin it.
I hope this article has provided you with the information you needed. Just remember to keep the tips in mind when installing a wood burning sauna stove!